- Now this is chamber of commerce weather. It’s time to get out and do all of those things its been too cold for over the last month or so! Here’s what’s happening in and around Seminole Heights this weekend!
- FLORIDA STATE FAIR (Last Weekend)
Did you know that we always have the first state fair of the year!? An effect is that we get to try all of the new exhibits, rides and food before the rest of the country! This year they have a live shark exhibit and a mechanical bull. And of course they still have the traditional events like the best pie and the most beautiful quilt! The fair runs throughout the weekend and ends on Monday the 21st.
- BEER, BOURBON & BBQ FESTIVAL
It’s finally back! The theme of this years annual Beer, Bourbon & BBQ Festival is ‘Living Life In A Southern State of Mind’. The event will feature beer, bourbon, cigar and BBQ vendors throughout Curtis Hixon Park Saturday afternoon. Admission buys you a sampling glass so you can enjoy an All-You-Care-To-Taste beer and bourbon.
- EAST WEST MUSIC AND DANCE FESTIVAL
Sunday is the 2nd Annual East-West Music & Dance Festival happening in Water Works Park. The event will feature over 100 performers of both eastern and western styles and include local food vendors, jewelry, clothing, and others with family activities in the public area.
- COMEDY IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD
- There’s also plenty of opportunities to get a few laughs in and around the hood this weekend! Here’s some related events:
- Zoo Tampa’s Comedy for Conservation is happening Saturday @6pm. Tickets provide Zoo entry after 4pm. Get yours at ZooTampa.com.
- Lynne Koplitz headlines Friday and Saturday, and K.P. Burke performs Sunday @sidesplitterscomedy
- Actor and comedian Bill Bellamy headlines Friday & Saturday. Did you know that he coined the term “Booty Call”?! Jeff Allen also performing Saturday @ TampaImprov.
- Here’s the other local details
- FRIDAY, 2/18
Amazing Athletes Series – 10am @armatureworks_tampa
- Blood Drive with Corner Club – 12pm @cornerclubtampa
- Ology Tap Takeover! – 7pm @C1949
- Beach Bum Barry – 7pm @FrontPorchandBartsTavern
- Deb Ruby Trio @ New World Biergarten 2/18/21 – 7:30 @newworldbrewery
- Katara at Shuffle – 8pm @tampashuffle
- Rockabilly Battle Royale: Round 7 @ New World Music Hall 2/18/22 – 8pm @newworldbrewery
- Jose Ramirez (Delmark Recording Artist) Live at Ella’s Folk Art Cafe – 9pm @ellasfolkartcafe
- SATURDAY, 2/19
Romy ! – 6pm @FrontPorchandBartsTavern
- Minim at Shuffle – 7:30pm @tampashuffle
- Rides by the River – 8am @armatureworks_tampa
- Mobius Loop (Tampa) + Ascending Radius @ New World Music Hall 2/19/21 – 7pm @newworldbrewery
- dj bRIAN oBLIVION @ New World Biergarten 2/19/22 – 7:30pm @newworldbrewery
- Harry Potter Trivia Night – 7:30pm @cornerclubtampa
- Vanessa Collier – 8pm @skipperssmokehouse
- SUNDAY, 2/20
House of Yoga Does Mary J Blige – 11am @luckycatyoga
- Slowdown Sundays Yoga in the Skipperdome – 12pm @skipperssmokehouse
- Acme Jazz Garage at Ella’s Americana Folk Art Cafe – 3pm @ellasfolkartcafe
- Este Loves @ New World Biergarten 2/20/22 – 5:30pm @newworldbrewery
- Live Music w/ Tyler Costanzo in Seminole Heights – 6pm @grassrootscoffee
- Sunday Live Music Series featuring The Austin Miller Band – 6:30pm @indieseminoleheights